Skip to main content

i got myself a hosted website

I got myself a new host . but not planning to move blog.
it's currently located at www.best-picks.co.uk.
Amidst my enthusiasm in trying to get some money out of google, i placed google ads on my blog as well as since i have the little bit of know how on making the sites.
so i decided to launch myself onto the affiliate marketing bandwagon.
of course, this is currently done with my spare time.
which explains my busy-ness for the past weekends and doing nothing but trying to figure out a way to do this properly.

and finally i manage to do something.
it costed me £32++.
i tried looking around the net for cheap webhosting and because the site i need it to be targeted against UK users. i had to find one cheap host which has their servers in the UK.
i didnt have to look very far. ( cos i wasn't willing to pay more than 200RM a year) i had a website b4 and it costed me about 300 RM which that does not include the domain name.
this £32 netted me a domain name. which i thought was the second best of what i was trying to achieve.
it included 2 years worth of domain name registration ( which incidentally i saw cheapest from ukreg.com or something for 7£ for 2 years)
and hosting which included 250MB and unlimited bandwidth ( this of course is just a scam/ploy/whatever u call it)
because if u happen to go over the limit .. u WILL suffer the consequence.
lol
i chose this because it was the cheapest. not because it was the best/cheapest.
there were alot of bad reviews on this company. i would dare say i am willing to make it my 2-cents worth of bad review even though i'm hosting with them.
first grumble.
instant activation - means to me ( i get to use the site immediately. but apparently the ppl who owns the hosting company thinks otherwise. i registered at about 20 mins past midnite)
of course la.. who cares about what i think.. i had to wait 6 hours b4 i could use my ftp server.
well good thing is that i went to bed.

second grumble. they promised a google voucher within 24 hours of me giving them my email address.
it's been 12 hours now. i suspect they are really gonna give me the voucher code at 24 hours on the dot.
T_T
so as for service. i've never tried it.. and don't really intend to have anything to do with them.

and who is this hosting culprit ?? - >>
www.streamline.net
incidentally this link contains my affiliate thingy so if u sign up via this link, apparently i get 10% of what u sign up for. and if u want, i can share half with u ( u get 4% i get 6% ) --__--
anyways, that's about it for my week.
i'm getting ulcers in my mouth. not sure if it's due to lack of water or too much cursing.
or not enough sleep.

right few more days to payday. 2 and half months more for a holiday !! yay !!

Comments

TH said…
I help you click your ads, you help me with mine!!! Lol.

Popular posts from this blog

Mr. Kipling's Battenberg Cake. looks nice..

hmmm been so busy on friday forgot to update. will post 2 post to console myself today. to the cake. cake looks cute. but tastes horrible. maybe it was because i bought it cheap from sainsbury . it's original price was £1.29. but i bought it for 49p. cheap as i was. maybe that's the reason the cake tasted bad.. but the expiry wasnt till anohter 2 days time. :P anyways, it tasted like smelled like cough syrup. u know those red coloured ones. tasted okays. the outer layer is just icing erm or rather sugar.. no ideas waht that was but it was SWEET. then inside, just like the normal sponge cake. all in all.. i wouldnt buy it ever again. :P here are the pics.

my boring weekend

i went to camden on sat and almost got rammed by a stupid green car on the way back. anyways, i was bored. and it was a nice day. don't know anything bout tour de france, or wimbledon. took my bike out. and cycled down towards camden. it was a change from cycling to work. i spent £7 in sainsburys cos they were having a half price sale on john west's tuna in cans. the usual price is about £3.19. bought some stuffs.. ( coulnd't buy a lot cos i don't wanna ride home on a punctured bike) but i bought too many as well. i bought jaffa biscuit for 69p. for 24 pieces. finished it b4 sat was over. took some photos on the way. went into o2 to see if i could get any nice phones for free. turned out that i couldn't because i havent paid any phone bills since last year. looks like i'm gonna hvae to switch my sim card to a pay as you go thingy. then i went to the outdoor emporium to take a look at the karrimor travelpack. i dunno why .. that one seems to call out to me other

payback.. full moon sways......

payback for my bad moon images on the day of the eclipse. this time i managed to get the right exposure settings. :D anyways, that aside, i still have 12 free passes to kew gardens.. grrr... which expires in august this year i think. 2. i can't sleep earlier than 12 .. cos i wake up too early .. lol cos sommore the room is quite dry .. i wake up with chapped lips..bah humbugs 3. found a site that teaches good kana lessons. or rather .. helps me memorize the kana quickly. not sure if it's any good. 4. weather is beautiful. i need another pair of oakleys. 5. i can drink lotsa frulli. and nothing else. 6. ahh yes.. something that came to my mind.. the shops here... in london.. a lot of them sell coke from different parts of europe. the cokes made in the UK cost about 60p. and those coke that comes from outside UK.. sells for 60p. that makes me wonder why isnt anybody doing anything bout it. ? anybody meaning the government. i mean coke from any other countries should taste the sam