Skip to main content

another 45 hours.. or somewhat ..

and all i wanted was a jab or something to help me sleep at nite.
i walked to the NHS walk-in clinic. they directed me to the hospital. i went to the hospital shortly b4 work was finished. wheeled my bike there. locked it..
that was all i remembered.
reliving the ordeal-
1. walked in to the A&E. told them i was coughing blood and the receptionist gave me a mask that looked like a duck bill. and requested that i put it on immediately.
2. they guided me into the other waiting room.
3. waited for a nurse to check me. BP and all.
4. went to a cubicle and waited for a few hours in there b4 i heard the dreaded u're not going home today. had ECG of my heart.
5. saw a few mixture of doctors. 1 final year med student. 2 male docs. and a female ID doc.
6. got a few needles poked in me. ( something left for the IV drip)
7. they took like at least 6 bottles of blood from me. ( well, tubes maybe)
8. got wheeled up the ward to my private room (even had a ensuite) just like on tv. they even had the handles on the bed.stretcher.wateverumacallit.
9. got into the room. met a nurse called anna. dunno can't remember her face. i was in pain. feverish. had another ECG.
10. they took my temperature. BP. and pulse.
11. slept through the first nite. didnt have anything to eat except some bread and soup which i had asked from the male nurse. else i'd die of hunger instead of my chest infection. had one iv drip and a huge antibiotic that was pumped straight into me veins.
12. woke up and surveyed the room.i had a patientline tv. which costed me about 3.50 for 24 hours of tv which i didnt subscribe till 4 pm in the afternoon cos they told me then i wasnt going home again. ugh. nite 2.
13. they forgot my breakfast. so i had to ask from the nurse. i can't walk out to get food as they say i'm potentially infectious.
14. food finally came. some 4 toasts and butter and marmalade.
15. then a whole group of students(i think one of the med students looked quite cute.didnt get the number.was i supposed to?!?! ) with some doctors came in. i felt like a guinea pig. experimental subject. ( incidentally, i felt like i was in HOUSE md.)
16. checked me. and told me i'd have to wait for the results of my sputum.phlegm.spit test to be out. if negative for TB. then can go.
17. then another 2 docs came in to gimme skin test. ( for tb as well)
18. oh well. enjoyed my lunch. then dinner. then my boss and colleagues visited me.
19. second nite was okays. i watched telly till 1 am then fell asleep.
20. had breakfast.
21. i was told by doc i could go. great.
22. packed and was ready to leave by lunch time.
23. cycled home at about 3pm friday afternoon. slowly. lol.
24. reached home.

%"£^"%$&^£^*£^%&%$ my mini- fridge went kaput. lucky it was just a fuse.
^£"$%"$£%"£$&^"%$^$£%& my radiator heater was leaking water. no wonder my room smelt wet. ugh.
and amazingly it was 2 am at nite b4 i discovered the water. then lucky i had my spanner and screwed the bastard back properly.
then it stopped leaking. the carpet dried up pretty quick after that.

right. so in all these events. what did i find out...
it was one sodding unlucky week for me.
lol.
hope this week would be better. need to remind my boss i need one more day off on monday next week as i'm off to paris.

right. that's it for today. too long can't remember much things
note: hospital food tastes ok IF am very hungry. else not really good.

Comments

Anonymous said…
sooooo you're ok la? on medication?
hehe.. yup still alive la or rather not dead yet. :P . my antibiotics course is gonna finish tomorrow.
the hypertension thingy .. have to go see my GP for more medicine when it runs out in 22++ days time.

Popular posts from this blog

Mr. Kipling's Battenberg Cake. looks nice..

hmmm been so busy on friday forgot to update. will post 2 post to console myself today. to the cake. cake looks cute. but tastes horrible. maybe it was because i bought it cheap from sainsbury . it's original price was £1.29. but i bought it for 49p. cheap as i was. maybe that's the reason the cake tasted bad.. but the expiry wasnt till anohter 2 days time. :P anyways, it tasted like smelled like cough syrup. u know those red coloured ones. tasted okays. the outer layer is just icing erm or rather sugar.. no ideas waht that was but it was SWEET. then inside, just like the normal sponge cake. all in all.. i wouldnt buy it ever again. :P here are the pics.

my boring weekend

i went to camden on sat and almost got rammed by a stupid green car on the way back. anyways, i was bored. and it was a nice day. don't know anything bout tour de france, or wimbledon. took my bike out. and cycled down towards camden. it was a change from cycling to work. i spent £7 in sainsburys cos they were having a half price sale on john west's tuna in cans. the usual price is about £3.19. bought some stuffs.. ( coulnd't buy a lot cos i don't wanna ride home on a punctured bike) but i bought too many as well. i bought jaffa biscuit for 69p. for 24 pieces. finished it b4 sat was over. took some photos on the way. went into o2 to see if i could get any nice phones for free. turned out that i couldn't because i havent paid any phone bills since last year. looks like i'm gonna hvae to switch my sim card to a pay as you go thingy. then i went to the outdoor emporium to take a look at the karrimor travelpack. i dunno why .. that one seems to call out to me other

payback.. full moon sways......

payback for my bad moon images on the day of the eclipse. this time i managed to get the right exposure settings. :D anyways, that aside, i still have 12 free passes to kew gardens.. grrr... which expires in august this year i think. 2. i can't sleep earlier than 12 .. cos i wake up too early .. lol cos sommore the room is quite dry .. i wake up with chapped lips..bah humbugs 3. found a site that teaches good kana lessons. or rather .. helps me memorize the kana quickly. not sure if it's any good. 4. weather is beautiful. i need another pair of oakleys. 5. i can drink lotsa frulli. and nothing else. 6. ahh yes.. something that came to my mind.. the shops here... in london.. a lot of them sell coke from different parts of europe. the cokes made in the UK cost about 60p. and those coke that comes from outside UK.. sells for 60p. that makes me wonder why isnt anybody doing anything bout it. ? anybody meaning the government. i mean coke from any other countries should taste the sam